Invitation to submit abstracts for an international symposium
2020 Water Days
Horizon 2020: Water as a societal challenge
You are cordially invited to submit abstracts for the 2020 Water Days Symposium to be held in the Rimske terme congress centre in Rimske Toplice on 12 and 13 November this year.
Horizon 2020 is EU’s biggest research and development programme. In its seven-year span, it transferred research ideas to the market, and, with the aim for progress and promotion of economic growth, connected research and applicative professionals. The focus is on three key areas: science, leading position in industry and societal challenges. Since water is a link and key raw material for the existing economy and its future growth, the Water Days 2020 will address its role in current societal challenges with the emphasis on environmental protection, e.g.:
- Food safety and sustainable use of bio resources – water and waste, water usage in farming
- Sustainable energy – water as its resource
- Green, integrated mobility – the impact of transport on water, sustainable mobility and coordinating transfer demands with environmental dimensions
- Climate measures, environment, efficient use of resources and raw materials – their effect on biodiversity and ecosystems, water in circular economy
- Health and wellbeing – viruses and bacteria in the environment, water usage in tourism.
Additional topics will comprise:
- Water and the environment – water from the viewpoint of science and humanities
- Water resources and fresh water – water stock, the quality of water resources and fresh water, fresh water preparation, risks in supplying fresh water
- Discharge and treatment of waste water – urban and industrial waste water
The abstract should contain:
- title in Slovenian and English,
- name, surname, title and the organization of the author(s), e-mail and contact number of the main author,
- a brief abstract – maximum 1,500 characters without spaces.
Please send the abstracts to the following e-mail: email@example.com by 4 May 2020.
The applicants will be informed about the selection by 4 June 2020. The chosen authors will receive detailed instructions on how to prepare the final version of their paper and on its presentation at the symposium. The final date for the submission of the paper to be published in the Symposium Proceedings is 17 August 2020.
You are also invited to suggest other topics that might be worth discussing at this or future lectures at the Water Days Symposium.
The 2020 Water Days Symposium will provide an excellent opportunity for the representatives from various expert fields and business whose common ground is use of water or impact on water resources to hear from each other. Join this connection to create nature-based solutions together with us.
You are cordially invited to submit your abstracts.
Ljubljana, 23 March 2020
2020 Water Days Programme Committee